Want to be a part of our fun? Think about joining Centennial Chapter #58.
Want more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Eastern Star:
- The Order of the Eastern Star is the largest fraternal organization in the world to which both women and men may belong. Worldwide, there are over 500,000 members under the General Grand Chapter
- Eastern Star is a social order comprised of persons with spiritual values, but it is not a religion. Its appeal rests in the true beauty of the refreshing and character-building lessons that are so sincerely portrayed in its ritualistic work. A deep fraternal bond exists between its members. It is the wholesome relationship of sisterly and brotherly love brought about through high principles exemplified in our lives which makes us near and dear to each other.
- While this is an Order composed of people of deep spiritual convictions, it is open to all faiths, except no faith. The personal welfare of our members is vital to all of those in the Eastern Star, and it is considered a privilege to help another member whenever we can.
Who may join:
Only men who are Masons are eligible and only women with specific Masonic affiliation may be members. These affiliations include:
- Affiliated Master Masons in good standing;
- the wives, daughters, legally adopted daughters, mothers, widows, sisters, half sisters, granddaughters, stepmothers, stepdaughters, stepsisters, daughters-in-law, grandmothers, great granddaughters, nieces, great nieces, mothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts and first and second female cousins of affiliated Master Masons in good standing, or if deceased, in good standing at the time of their death;
- members either active for three (3) years or majority – in the International Order of the Rainbow for Girls or in Job’s Daughters International, each of whom having attained at least the age of eighteen (18) years, are eligible for membership in the Order of the Eastern Star.
How to join:
- To inquire about membership, talk to a current member, or contact a local chapter at Cent58oes@aol.com. Petitions are carefully read, eligibility investigated and election to membership must be by a vote of the Chapter. The Order strives to select persons of mental, moral, and spiritual quality who will work together in harmony to perform its objectives.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. Is the Order of the Eastern Star a secret society?
- A. No. Secret societies are underground and hard to find. We are easily found within the community, but we enjoy a distinctive means of identifying each other. Only members are allowed in a closed meeting
- Q. Can I afford membership in the Order of the Eastern Star
- A. Yes. Financial position is not considered in the Order. Members come from all economic stations of life.
- Q. Is the Order of the Eastern Star time consuming?
- A. After your initiation into our Order, you may attend as your time permits.
- Q. Is my religious faith allowed in the Order of the Eastern Star?
- A. Yes. Members of all religions may belong to the Order of the Eastern Star. We only require a belief in a Supreme Being.
- Q. Is there any memory work?
- A. There is no mandatory memory work except the means of making yourself known if you wish to visit a Chapter or to become an officer.
We are excited to welcome you into our Masonic Family! See our membership brochure and application for degrees below!